Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Ideal Recovery

What does ideal recovery look like to you?

To me, recovery means living my life day to day without obsessing about food. To see food as fuel for my body and think about it only at meal times, to not think about food in terms of weight gain or weight loss. To me, recovery means trust--trusting myself to make good choices every day, trusting myself enough that I can commit to things in the long term without fear of my eating disorder showing up. Recovery is about feeling safe with myself, not being afraid of disordered thoughts that distort reality and make life seem miserable and helpless. Recovery is about seeing my life as full of abundance, strength, and power. Knowing I have choices, and knowing I will make good choices, and knowing I'll forgive myself quickly when I make mistakes.

That's what recovery looks like to me. You?

No comments:

Post a Comment