Friday, September 30, 2011

Travelling

I'm visiting my friend Jenny out of town this weekend. I'm pretty excited, but also a bit nervous about staying true to recovery when I travel and don't have a routine. As it is, I'm just getting over a two-day binge and my stomach feels sick like every few hours. I'm going to come up with a food plan to help me stay true to recovery. Today I'm only going to have dinner with her, so I plan to have some kind of meat and a small side.

Tomorrow I'm already giving myself permission to have a couple beers, because I know we'll have alcohol. I'll eat a small breakfast, either cereal or a granola bar. For lunch I will have either a hot dog/two sides (if one is a veggie or fruit) or sandwich/two sides. For dinner, I'll have meat/side again. I also know there will be dessert, so I'll have one portion of it.

On Sunday, I'll have half a veggie omelette and a few bites of whatever sides it comes with. A snack a couple hours later, then a late lunch/early dinner at home.

I'm still scared, because I know how different it will all be. Today has been kind of hard because I keep thinking about what will happen in a week, when I know those powerful compulsions will return. I'm scared of them because I know how easily I feel helpless, then give in to them. It's so easy for me to tell myself now it'll be ok, but in the moment it's really powerful and difficult to overcome. I'm praying for the strength to get through this weekend and through next week.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment