Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Rocky Road

This is my first blog post, about my struggles with eating disorders. I've experienced bits and pieces from many different eating disorders, which include undereating, compulsive overeating, overexercising, restricting, etc. But all these disorders have one thing in common--an unhealthy relationship with food, which translates to an unhealthy relationship to myself. I've shared stories with teenage girls struggling with anorexia and elderly men struggling with obesity. Same disorder, different symptoms

I have a lot of hopes for this blog. Before I even started it, I was googling "how to create a blog people will read" and trying to figure out how to make sure my blog would appear on a google search. What a vast difference this is from before, when I did everything I could to hide my disorder from the world. I want people to find this, to start conversations, to swap stories, and most importantly, to get some hope.

So many days and nights when I needed hope I reached out to other people struggling with the same thing. I hope this blog can do that, and I hope that it gives me the same hope as I share my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment