Friday, December 23, 2011

Job Stress

So lately I've been feeling really anxious about not having a job. I really want one, so I've been sending out resumes. I got a call back yesterday, and was really mad about how I have to travel and can't stay and just focus on getting a job for the New Year.

I just called and she asked me to call back after I return. But since I've hung up, all I can think about is some awkward thing I said on the phone. It's like there's still a belief that I don't deserve it and if I don't get it, it's because I'm not good enough/proof there's something wrong with me. So my mind focuses on one thing I said rather than the fact that I got called back based on my resume, got asked in for an interview, etc. It's all in my head, and more importantly it's all in my beliefs.

Getting a job isn't about being good enough. It's about finding the right one and the timing being right. Even before I called I was doubting this job because it didn't seem like that great an opportunity. It didn't have the "name" that my previous job had (which I can still go back to), but I wanted to give it a try.

It's like for some reason my personal tastes and desires take a backseat to whether or not I think the employer likes me/thinks I'm good enough. I project how I function onto other people, when in reality they may have been impressed with my resume but need to fill the job as soon as possible.

Truth: I AM good enough. I AM enough. I am hard-working. I communicate well. I am smart. I am important. I deserve a good job, doing what I enjoy doing, with people who respect me and whom I respect. I AM enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment