Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ideal Eating Disorder Recovery Vision Exercise

From Nina V from helpforeatingidisorder.com:

I had my Ideal Vision and I would love for you all to do this exercise.
It is very simple and only takes a few minutes.
Take out a pen and paper and write out your Ideal Vision of YOUR recovery.
What does it feel like?
What are you doing?
What are you telling people?
Are you maybe helping others?
Here is the most crucial tip: Write it in the PRESENT tense - as if it were already true, right now.
See it as if it were already true, no matter what is going on around you.
Always keep this vision in your mind, build faith, KNOW that it is coming and never, ever, ever give up.

Nina V. sent this out a couple days ago and it came at a good time. Time to be honest with myself about what I want, nevermind the fear of failure/disappointment/etc. What do I want? That's where I'm shifting my focus, and I'm glad this was the exercise she sent out

I am happy. I am fulfilled, emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually. Food is just food, it feeds me at meal times and that's it. I don't obsess or think about it like I did when I had disordered eating. I am free of the obsession. I am at peace with myself and look forward to each day. I love others freely, I accept love freely. I am healthy and happy. I reach out to people still struggling, and I share my story. That I suffered for years but came out of the food obsession and learned to love myself fully, and they can too. I feel so strong in myself that I know my happiness and my recovery can never be taken away by anyone or any outside event. I am the person I was meant to be.

There's a Beyonce song that is powerful, and it's how I want to feel in the next few years (or maybe a bit longer)

I just want them to know
That I gave my all, did my best,
Brought someone to happiness,
Left this world a little better because,
I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
and it was more than I thought it could be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here

That's the best way to think about it. I live my life, fully, completely, passionately, driven only by love.

No comments:

Post a Comment