Thursday, October 6, 2011

Visualizing

Nina V from helpforeatingdisorders.com posted this visualization exercise for recovery.


What would you be doing with your life if you did not have this eating disorder?

If I did not have disordered eating, I would be free to enjoy all the little things in life without thinking about food every minute. I could enjoy spending time with friends, new hobbies, dancing, etc. on a deeper level.
 Where would you be working?
I would be in school, working on finding what I love to do, involved in more extra-curriculars, and content with my life and with myself.
 What would you be working on?
I would be working on finding a job where I could travel and see new places.
 What would you do in the mornings, afternoons and evenings?
In the morning I would get ready for my day and drink tea to wake myself up. In the afternoons I would keep myself busy but fit in time for myself (a short walk, something to relax myself). In the evenings, I would meet a friend for coffee or go see a movie--something social.
 Who would you be spending time with?
I would spend time with people who shared my interests--traveling, books, etc. I would see them frequently and spend a lot of time with them. I would spend more time traveling to see family members and friends who live far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment