Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gratitude List/New Goals

I've felt kind of manic all day today, I think a bit overwhelmed. I wanted to do a gratitude list to bring myself back to the present:
1) I'm grateful for the wind today
2) I'm grateful for how pretty the trees look (leaves changing colors)
3) I'm grateful for my body, that keeps going despite all its been through
4) I'm grateful for shopping for jewelry with my mom today, it was fun
5) I'm grateful for my dog, who persuaded me to go on a walk today
6) I'm grateful for how I handled my group meeting today
7) I'm grateful for God, blessing me with a feeling of contentment today
8) I'm grateful for the new music channel I found on Youtube today
9) I'm grateful for my friends
10) I'm grateful for decaf coffee and the Internet

As I write this, I realize I haven't been enjoying myself at all today. I did a lot of enjoyable things. I went to the mall with my mom, I listened to good music, I went to group today. But I've been so caught up in trying to keep this feeling of contentment that I haven't really let myself just be today. And ironically, the only way to hold on to that feeling is to live in the present, to enjoy each of life's many moments and let them add up. And I know that God is blessing me and I will accept His blessing. I'll work on quieting my mind and living for today.

After my 10 day beauty challenge, I want to set two new goals. I want to increase my mediation minutes to 10 minutes each morning and 5 minutes in the afternoon. I also want to commit to a doing a gratitude list 4 days a week with ten things on the list, and reflect on at least one or two special moments from each day. I'm gonna sleep on this and think about time duration and more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment